San Luis Obispo Wedding Photographer
Welp. I suppose it’s time to let the cat out of the bag. But before I do, there’s a bit of a backstory. You see, ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a cowgirl. I’d race home from school every afternoon to catch old re-runs of Bonanza and Gunsmoke on tv. I was enamored with the wide open range. Perhaps growing up in Texas and seeing real life cowboys around contributed to my love for it all. I eventually even got myself an australian shepherd, a real cattle dog! I think I’ve always known I’m a farm girl at heart! Randy, too, is a great admirer of the outdoors, nature – the whole bit. Over the years, Randy and I have had visions of living on a farm – a rustic on the outside, but mod on the inside kind of place :) Though you may have noticed if you’ve ever been to Orange County that there’s a lack of farm land around. Slim pickings, to say the least. So Randy and I resigned that our vision would always remain just that, a vision.
That is until we started to photograph more weddings in California’s central coast. The fire was reignited and we began thinking – really thinking – about our life in the long-term (having a kid will do that to you.) And eventually – many pros and cons lists later – we made the decision. We were going to go big, or go home – errrrr maybe I should say go big and find a new home.
So, I suppose this is the official announcement that we (Randy & Erin & Linus & Blossom) are moving northward, to the San Luis Obispo area! My excitement cannot be contained in the confines of these letters. RIAAKGHBNALDLAKGH!!! There, that’s a little better :) We are so excited for our next adventure! We’re STOKED to broaden our wedding and portrait photography scope to encompass everything spanning from San Diego to San Francisco, and even further and beyond! Now, He & She Photography will be rooted in both Central California and Southern California. Luke & Kate, of course, will continue to rock things down in SoCal too.
So there ya have it! That’s our big announcement! And, wouldn’t you know it, here’s Lee & Vanessa’s wedding, shot in San Luis Obispo! We love Santa Margarita Ranch, so when these Los Angeles-ians decided on a destination wedding, we were stoked to tag along! Check out some of our favorites from Lee & Vanessa’s farm-tastic wedding adventure :)
San Luis Obispo Wedding Photographer
Finding Mr. Right must have been tough but here you are now and a beautiful man is on his knees to ask you to marry him and nervously waiting for your big “YES!” Now that the wedding plans are all set and you are on your way to meet a professional San Luis Obispo Wedding Photographer, have you thought of the questions you need to ask in order to determine how skilful he or she really is?
If not then try to consider this simple advice on what to ask your photographer before you agree on the cost and sign a contract. We would love for you to use our San Luis Obispo Wedding Photography services, but we also like all of our potential clients to be well informed in the event they do not go with us:
- Find out if it is going to be him or another person to take pictures on your wedding day. If it is going to be another person then you need to meet that guy and interview him as well.
- Find out if ever they are associated with groups of professional photographers, as they are more likely to have lots of connections. As a result of this, they are always up to date with the latest gadgets and styles in San Luis Obispo wedding photography.
- How flexible they can be with regards to the styles of shoots you want. You have to tell your photographer any of your special requests and he should be okay with that.
- Find out what type of camera he’ll be using, and how photos would come out using this. Particular style. You can see samples of photos from his past work to see the quality of the pictures he makes.
- Does he need an assistant while shooting on your wedding day? Find out if he requires an additional fee for this. It is better that every detail is clear before you make an agreement.
- Do they have any back up cameras and tools ready in case of camera failure? This is really important stuff for photographers and every professional photographer has a back up camera in case something goes wrong.
- What if the photographer can’t come on your wedding day because he was badly sick? Will there be another photographer who is also a professional to replace him? It is better to talk to his replacement ahead of time so if in case your photographer couldn’t come on your wedding day you can easily reach the other guy for rescue.
- Will he be allowing other guests to take photos while he is shooting? This is crucial for the photographer because flashes from other cameras can affect the result of the photos he is taking.
- Find out if the photographer has worked on the location of the venue before. It is a great advantage if the photographer is familiar with the venue because he already knows the ups and downs of the entire area therefore he can easily figure out what to do on such situation or circumstances.
- If you think you have asked everything you need to know about your San Luis Obispo wedding photographer it is now time to negotiate about the cost. See if the cost is reasonable enough for the kind of quality work he will deliver. Don’t forget to put it in black and white.
We sincerely hope this has given you enough information to help you with your search for a San Luis Obispo Wedding Photographer and make an informed decision. For more information, please contact us – and we hope to be working with you on your big day!
Venue: Santa Margarita Ranch, San Luis Obispo, CA
Coordinator: Sarah Angelique
Catering: Trumpet Vine Catering
Florist: Adornments Flowers and Finery
Desserts: Two Little Birds Bakery
Hair and Makeup: The Queen’s Bees
Officiant: A Central Coast Wedding